Friday, October 8, 2010

Tamtrums.
Holy shit.
Tantrums.

So, up to this point, I wasn't exactly sure if I have witnessed Lily have a tantrum. Fussy, whiny, crabby...yes, but tantrum? Now I'm sure.

On Monday, Lily woke up on the wrong side of the crib. This isn't something we're used to at all. She always wakes up talking to herself or saying, "Mom. Mom. Moooooom.". Nope. Monday she was screaming bloody murder when she woke up, I mean SCREAMING. She didn't stop for about a half hour. Dustin and I finally diagnosed it as a foot that had fallen asleep because she wouldn't put any weight on her right foot for a good 5 minutes. That might not explain the 30 minutes of crying, but at least this was a valid reason to wake up crabby.

This just set the tone for the day.

Fast forward to 11:30am. I return home from a work meeting and she is cling.y. So clingy to me. I had to meet a co-worker for lunch at 12:30 so I had to scramble around to get my notes together and such.

At 12:20-ish, Lily walked into my office and started obnoxiously whining "asking" to get onto my lap while I was sitting at my desk.

"No, baby. Mama has to leave in a minute so go by daddy".

Then...
She slapped me on my leg. Like, intentionally.
Um, what? Where did she learn this?

So, unsure of what to do, I ignored her.
Wrong answer.
Meltdown ensues.

She walks into the living room, as she is screaming/crying, flailing, throws herself down on the couch and continues to scream, I mean, it sounded like the devil gripped her soul and an exorcism was certainly going to be necessary. I was positive her head was going to spin.

After she was about 5% settled down, I picked her up, gave her her pacifier and held her. She calmed down. Thank God. I set her down on the ground and Dustin engaged with her, playing and then put on her movie.

I slowly get up off of the couch and start walking toward the garage door without saying a word, in hopes she wouldn't notice. I get about 5 steps from the door and she comes running toward me and it escalates all over again.
Rinse, lather, repeat all of the screaming, crying, flailing.

Terrible twos are quickly approaching. I am so unprepared.
::sigh::

No comments:

Post a Comment