Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Lily-
You love my make-up.
On the mornings I have to leave the house for work, instead of working from home, you sit in the bathroom with me and play with my make up. We both sit Indian style on the floor, facing one another, with the bin of goods between us. You sift through the compacts, eye shadows, eyeliners, etc., very carefully, examining each one as though you have never seen it before. You twist it, turn it, open it, close it, flip it upside down.  You are fascinated by everything in my make up bin.

You'll choose something carefully, then say, "Ooohh woooowww!", and then hand over what you have chosen for me. You even wait for me to lift it to my face before you continue on your next product search.

I cannot describe to you how I feel in these moments. This is you wanting to be involved with what I'm doing. This is me watching you learn. This is us, bonding. This is so many things to me.

I want to stop time in these moments, as I know it will be a blink of an eye before you will be applying your own make up in the bathroom with your girlfriends, trying to decide where to go for the evening.

Thank you for making my mornings so meaningful.

No comments:

Post a Comment