Sunday, June 27, 2010

Lily-
You love to be social.
That is such a general statement and probably very typical of 13 month old toddlers, but when I say you like it what I actually mean is that you NEED it to be in a decent mood. You have always been this way. Perhaps I created this since I could not stand to be cooped up in the house with you when you were brand new. I took you everywhere since you were 3 days old to save my postpartum sanity.

You thrive on the stimulation of new places and faces. You could be dead exhausted and still be content being in a crowd of people. You love to watch, flirt, point, giggle, and observe. It suits you. You actually get bored at home. You have at least 300 toys at home, of all shapes, sizes, sounds, and movements, but you tire of them easily. Sit you in the middle of a food court somewhere and you would be entertained for at least an hour or two.

Tonight we went to Outback as a family. We don't get to do this very often because 1.) you go to bed so early (usually 6-6:30) and 2.) daddy works nights.We try to go out as often as we can though, despite our attempt to budget. We love to go out to eat.

There are only a couple of groups of people that go out to dinner at 5:30pm on a Saturday night: old people and couples with young children. Your dad and I used to be the couple going to dinner at 8-8:30pm, like most childless people our age.
Now, we're in that group of people. You know, the ones with the screaming kids that make messes all over the floor, who don't clean it up, the ones that waitresses HATE to wait on for obvious reasons, the ones who rush the meals because there is a meltdown around the corner ...only with you, you don't scream, you don't really make a mess, we DO clean up after you, and we don't have to rush through dinner because you are just so content with your surroundings. I love taking you places.

I do recognize that this can change on any given day, without notice. I also recognize that the "terrible twos" is just right around the corner.

For now, I love that you are a social butterfly. I hope you stay this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment